Thirty Holly, an established, exclusive building in prime Yonge and Eglinton location, offers only large size suites within a walking distance to subway and excelent Yonge/Eglinton shopping. Apartment sizes and location within the high ranking North Toronto Collegiate Institute catchment (newer condos at the same location no longer qualify for that school), make this building an excellent choice for families with children.
Built by Menkes in the late 1980s, it contains 96 two-bedroom suites ranging in size from 1134 square feet to nearly 1300 square feet. Few of the suites have been renovated, and the values for the unrenovated suites, under $400 per square foot, are outstanding for this prime location. What an opportunity to get a large space, when newer 2-bedroom condos are so much smaller!
Building amenities include newly renovated fitness room, sauna, a party - meeting room, rooftop terrace with an expansive view of the city, 24-hour concierge, as well as a generous visitors' parking.
A shortcut via the back door through a courtyard between Minto buildings provides an extremely quick, mostly covered route to the subway.
- Groceries: Metro, 2300 Yonge St.; Hasty Market, 133 Redpath Ave.; Sobeys, 710 Mount Pleasant Rd.
- Pharmacies: Rexall Pharma Plus, 2300 Yonge St.; Shoppers Drug Mart, 2345 Yonge St.
- Medical clinics: MCI Medical Clinic, 160 Eglinton Ave. E, 416-440-4040; Roehampton Medical Clinic, 89 Roehampton Ave., 416-322-3515; Newlife Centre, 2345 Yonge St., 416-837-2907; Coulter Clinic for Massage Therapy, 2300 Yonge St., 416-322-6506; Toronto-Canadian Decompression and Pain Center, 20 Eglinton Ave. W, 416-487-7333; Holly St. Endoscopy Clinic, 40 Holly St., 416-486-8088; The Anne Johnston Health Station, 2398 Yonge St., 416-486-8666; Canadian Men's Clinic, 1 Eglinton Ave. E, 416-636-7377
- Dentists: Yonge and Eglinton Dental Centre, 2300 Yonge St. 416-4898-4344; as well as a large number of smaller dental clinics on Eglinton (20 and 90 Eglinton West, 10, 30, 150, 160, 191 Eglinton East), 45, 57 and 85 Soudan; 2161, 2179, 2181, 2200, 2281 and 2323 Yonge St.
- Banks: TD Canada Trust - 2263 Yonge St., just north of Sudan; BMO Bank of Montreal across the street at 2210 Yonge St.; CIBC, TD Canada Trust and Bank of Nova Scotia at the intersection of Yonge and Eglinton; HSBC Bank is located at Eglinton Ave. W and Duplex Ave.; RBC Royal Bank is one short block north of Eglinton on Yonge, at the corner of Orchard View Blvd.
- Elementary schools: Eglinton Junior PS, 223 Eglinton Ave. E, 416-393-9315, Hodgson Senior PS, 416-393-0390, and the highly ranking North Toronto CI, 70 Roehampton Ave., 416-393,9180. Technical programs are offered at well ranking Northern Secondary School, 851 Mount Pleasant Rd., 416-393-0270
30 Holly St. location has a Walk Score of 95 - Walker's Paradise, and daily errands don't require getting into a car; Transit Score of 95 - Rider's Paradise, with a subway stop and 21 bus routes nearby; Bike Score is 63, a flat area, easy to pedal, but not too many bike lanes.
For more information about this building, the neighbourhood, and with any general or specific questions about real estate in Toronto please contact me.